Here's a peek into our new life as a family with an adorable little boy named Dylan!

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Introducing Dylan McMullen Doud!

I went into labor at 11 AM on Thursday, May 12. At first I tried to ignore it....could this really be it? But it was the real thing! After a walk and a bath, my contractions were 2 minutes apart and strong. We headed to the hospital. When we arrived at 5 PM, I was 7 cm dialated and we had a baby boy at 7:05 PM!

Dylan McMullen Doud
Born on May 12, 2005
7:05 PM
7 lbs 14 oz
20 inches long
Born at UCLA Westwood Hospital
Susan Huser was our midwife.

My first thoughts - he's perfect! I can't believe this is him! Everything I prayed for... a beautiful healthy baby, quick labor (mine was 8 hours total) with no drugs (oh yes...I did it!), and an amazing birth experience....every prayer was answered. God is so good!

Dylan didn't have a name for the first 24 hours. Jared and I were waiting until he was born to pick between Dylan and Logan. But even after he was born it took us a bit to decide that he was definitely a Dylan. Now I can't imagine him being any other name!

We arrived home from the hospital at 6 PM on Saturday, May 14. Grandma Doud, Grandma Freelove, Anna and Ben (and about 10 neighbors who were having a BBQ) were here to welcome us home.

Jared and I are loving life with this little boy more than we could ever imagine. He is truly amazing, a beautiful gift from God!